From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going ~x86?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:51:28
1 On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > yes, it is easier to just go ~x86. Yes, it is very very very hard to go back -
5 > easier to reinstall
8 Isn't there a lot more work to do to keep it up to date? Seems to me
9 testing packages are going to change more often and as not every one
10 of them will eventually become stable. Isn't it just a lot more
11 electrons burned to keep things emerge -DuN @world clean?
12
13 I run stable except for portage and eix, and then a couple of audio
14 apps I care about like Ardour and Jack which come from external
15 overlays and aren't tested by the mainline Gentoo guys anyway.
16
17 - Mark