From: Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub installation problem
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:13:44
1 Le 12/01/2011 20:07, Nuno J. Silva a écrit :
2 > Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr> writes:
3 >
4 >> Hi all,
5 >>
6 >> I am installing Gentoo on a new pc and following the Gentoo manual.
7 >> I create primary partition sda3 for boot with ext3 file system, then
8 >> Extended partition for
9 >> swap sda5
10 >> / sda6 with reiserfs file system
11 >> /usr sda7 with reiserfs file system
12 >> /home sda8 with reiserfs fiel system.
13 >>
14 >> after chroot, i can install every package except grub in /boot.
15 >> I get the message : "your boot partition, detected as being mounted as
16 >> /boot, is read-only.
17 >> Remounting it in read-write mode ..."
18 >> Then the error message : "failed to create symbolic link `//boot/boot` :
19 >> Read-only file system.
20 >>
21 >> What's going on ???
22 > I would check if there is any error or warning in the kernel log when
23 > that happens.
24 >
25 > just do
26 > dmesg | tail
27 >
28 > after the error, to check the last lines in the log.
29 >
30 Ther is no error message : just the lines
31 EXT3-fs (sda3): using internal journal
34 I see some warning about "to avoid automounting and auto-installing with
35 /boot,
36 just export the DONT_MOUNT_BOOT variable"
37
38 How can i do that ?
39
40 Thanks