From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Linus Torvalds on systemd
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:08:12
1 On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 07:19:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Is systemd starting to encompass too much? I think so, but who cares?
4 > > If we want an init manager that reads systemd-like files but doesn't
5 > > do anything else (hostnamectl, logging, udev, etc.), I guess we'll
6 > > have to make one.
7 >
8 > or trim it back. Conceptually, it shouldn't be too hard to remove those
9 > extra services leaving only an init manager.
10 >
11 > Reading posts over the years (I don't use systemd) most of that stuff
12 > can be disabled by config in systemd anyway
13
14 A lot of it is disabled by default anyway, you have to turn it on if you
15 want to use it. Otherwise it's just there.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 - We are but packets in the internet of Life-