From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] replacement for ftp?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 02:56:54
1 On 2017-04-26 20:25, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 2017-04-25 19:59, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>>>
7 >>>> On 2017-04-25 14:29, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
8 >>>>> Hi,
9 >>>>>
10 >>>>> since the usage of FTP seems to be declining, what is a replacement
11 >>>>> which is at least as good as FTP?
12 >>>>>
13 >>>>> I'm aware that there's webdav, but that's very awkward to use and
14 >>>>> missing features.
15 >>>>
16 >>>> What about sshfs? It allows you to mount a location that can be accessed
17 >>>> via ssh to your local file system, as if you are using ssh.
18 >>>>
19 >>>
20 >>> In a similar vein, scp.
21 >>
22 >> And considering something still robust but a little more smart, rsync.
25 > I was actually going to come back and suggest rscync over ssh. I
26 > didn't originally mention it because I typically associate rsync with
27 > backups.
28
29 I recently found that rsnapshot (based on rsync) is a good and solid
30 tool for backup...You may try it out ;-)