From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:38:35
1 On Thursday 05 February 2009 09:28:50 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > There are enough easy-to-use distros. Let us, "masochists", live in
3 > peace. We love pain, why do people care so much about what we do
4 > with our privacy? :P [it's a joke, in case anyone didn't notice]
5 >
6 > There have been several attempts to make a decent installer. They
7 > all failed miserably and got abandoned. Why? Because to tell the
8 > truth, no one has an authentic interest in the matter. The simple
9 > answer is most probably the right one.
10
11 To add to you (excellent) arguments:
12
13 There is no GUI admin tool for gentoo. You drive this puppy on the command
14 line with tools like emerge, equery, genlop, layman and q. That's how it
15 works, we are all comfortable with this, and this is good.
16
17 I can't think of a single reason why the installer should operate in a
18 different manner to the way the thing will be used.
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com