From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting style on HTC Dream
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:30:30
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > It's not an iPhone and Apple's psychosis doesn't enter the picture, I can
4 > install any user-space app I feel like. The warranty is already invalid
5 > though, for a different reason - I flashed it with an OS and firmware that's
6 > far superior to the one my carrier thinks I should have
9 OH BOY,
10
11 My son wants a droid phone. I'm pushing him towards the HTC droid
12 as I think we can customize it, if not eventually run embedded
13 Gentoo on this phone.
14
15 I'd be most interested in the details of the exact model you purchased
16 and what resources and howtos you are following, so I can customize
17 this phone for him, aka linux style...
18
19 You are using Verizon as your cellular service? I'm stuck with Verizon
20 for a variety of reasons....
21
22 > > Also could they have picked a less masculine-sounding name (perhaps the
23 > > HTC Twilight)?
24
25 The one were looking at is call the HTC Eris, I believe....
29 James