From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What happened to Qt 5?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 22:11:20
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > john <jdm <at> jdm.myzen.co.uk> writes:
6 > > lxqt is up and running in Gentoo. It's listed in packages.
7 > > The only problem I had was emerging lxqt-panel but just had to change a
8 > use flag of lxqt-panel from
9 > > quicklauch to
10 > > -quicklaunch and it emerged. No problems with anything else and desktop
11 > > is good.
14 > Wow! Did you do a fresh install or convert from lxde?
15 > If yuo converted, do you like it better? Was the conversion
16 > easy? Does your usb device auto-discovery/mount thingie work?
19 > Did you use the lxqt-meta package?
20 >
21 > got a list of files/configs you have to customize?
22 > useful docs or a wiki? I'm still fairly new to the
23 > whole lx** thing... But I love the light resource footprint!
24 >
25 > Maybe I should put it on a non-essential machine first?
26 >
27 > your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.....
28
29 When I tried to emerge lx-qt-neta, it only wanted to emerge qt4
30 packages, even though I said use=qt5, how can I get it to emerge qt5 as
31 well, or are they mutually exclusive?
35 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
36 How do
37 you spend it?
38
39 John Covici