From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What happened to Qt 5?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 21:52:25
1 On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 18:11:11 -0400
2 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > john <jdm <at> jdm.myzen.co.uk> writes:
9 > > > lxqt is up and running in Gentoo. It's listed in packages.
10 > > > The only problem I had was emerging lxqt-panel but just had to
11 > > > change a
12 > > use flag of lxqt-panel from
13 > > > quicklauch to
14 > > > -quicklaunch and it emerged. No problems with anything else and
15 > > > desktop is good.
18 > > Wow! Did you do a fresh install or convert from lxde?
19 > > If yuo converted, do you like it better? Was the conversion
20 > > easy? Does your usb device auto-discovery/mount thingie work?
23 > > Did you use the lxqt-meta package?
24 > >
25 > > got a list of files/configs you have to customize?
26 > > useful docs or a wiki? I'm still fairly new to the
27 > > whole lx** thing... But I love the light resource footprint!
28 > >
29 > > Maybe I should put it on a non-essential machine first?
30 > >
31 > > your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.....
32 >
33 > When I tried to emerge lx-qt-neta, it only wanted to emerge qt4
34 > packages, even though I said use=qt5, how can I get it to emerge qt5
35 > as well, or are they mutually exclusive?
39 I "emerge -vp lxqt-meta" and it gave me an output of masked packages
40 which I populated /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords
41
42 eg
43 =lxqt-base/lxqt-panel-0.7.0-r1 ~amd64
44 etc
45
46 Then emerge "emerge lxqt-meta" again.
47
48 It only depends on qt4 packages though. Not sure about qt5 as I believe
49 this is not available in standard packages yet. I can only see qt
50 versions 4.8.5 in portage.
51
52 Perhaps the use flag is for future functionality. Or you may need to
53 use an overlay to get qt5.
54
55 I did not use lxde before but razor. Its very similar to this.
60 John D Maunder