From: Ralph Seichter <m16+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nameserver lookups fail on virtual server after Kernel upgrade from version 4.9 to 4.12
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 10:36:02
1 On 21.08.2017 08:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > Ah, so silentoldconfig is effectively the same as old config.
4
5 Silentoldconfig is quite a useful make target, since it only asks about
6 newly introduced kernel options.
7
8 > Does your old kernel still work ad before? Just wondering if another
9 > update could have caused this.
10
11 Both affected virtual servers run fine when I boot kernel 4.9.34 while
12 leaving everything else unchanged. I'm currently comparing .config files
13 for kernel versions 4.9.34 and 4.12.5 again, but nothing catches my eye.
14
15 As for the symptoms, I wonder: Outbound nameserver access is seizing up
16 completely, while I can still access the servers via SSH at the same
17 time. Could it be something that kills UDP after the servers are active
18 for a while, but leaves TCP alive?
19
20 -Ralph