From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] install under centos606
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:49:36
1 Any likely problems if i install the stage3 tarball etc. under centos6.6?  tried the live dvd but it has problems with my current graphics card (framebuffer driver).
2
3 I'm excited about using gentoo, though the online instructions could really use more structuring, i.e. it's hard to avoid reading the parts you don't need to and the "flow" is rather lost.  It's an extremely verbose document which makes it very hard to get the gist of the install procedure.  it's not a bad document, merely poorly organized.  I do appreciate the work that went into it, and it's good to have the detail available, but a more hierarchical procedure would be more readable and understandable.  i'm fairly experienced at linux and it's hard for me to follow, most newbies would  be helplessly confused.  Once i'm more familiar with gentoo i'd be happy to take a stab at it, but not until i'm far more familiar.  Thank you for what is likely the best distro for me and for being transparent, this is meant as purely constructive criticism, and i know no documentation can please all.  no flames please, i've given up on other distro's who's mail list are full of flamers, something that doesn't help anyone.
4
5 /OT
6 yes, i'm dysgraphic, but i try to be concise and use good grammar, and all of my sentences go somewhere.  I also don't expect non-native speakers to be perfect, i know english is a somewhat ugly language in many cases (like spelling), but that's because like gentoo, pieces have been borrowed from all over.  that eclectic nature can be very useful but tends to slightly complicate things and webster didn't do us any favors.  i'm 54 and learned to write cursive/script at least 4 times, it never stuck.  my brain works differently than most but that's often a good thing (i tend to notice things many people miss, and often miss what is obvious to others to some degree).  so bear with me and you might learn something, or ignore my posts and the insight in them but please don't think you can help more than an army of educators has.  if you try to shame me the fault is your's.  i am dyslexic, there are worse things.  i do pay special attention to abbreviations where capitalisation can really matter, it is alot more of an effort for me than for most./OTOFF