From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3Com PCMCIA network card not recognised
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:06:44
1 On 12/13/2010 07:17 PM, Stroller wrote:
2 >> What do you get in log messages and dmesg when you compile
3 >> CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C589=m and run modprobe -v
4 >
5 > Exactly the same thing. If I `modprobe -v 3c589_cs && lsmod | grep -i 3c` I can see the module loaded, but I see exactly the same single line of text (and nothing more) when I plug the card in; the card is not shown in `ifconfig -a`. It doesn't make any difference if I load the module before plugging the card in or afterwards.
6 >
7 > The only remaining things I can think to do are to `make clean` before compiling my kernel and trying the exact .config & kernel version from the system rescue CD. I'm not optimistic of those, however - I still think I'm likely overlooking something stupid.
8
9 Try another kernel branch? Vanilla sources? Etc....