From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Install Gentoo on remote server
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:00:47
1 >>>> Is there a better way? If not, is there an easy way to set up that
2 >>>> VPN connection? I've always read that OpenVPN is a bear and I've been
3 >>>> lucky enough to avoid needing it all this time.
4 >>>
5 >>> Bear, in what sense? Slow, hard?
8 >> Hard. It seems like a waste to become acquainted with OpenVPN for
9 >> just this purpose. I've been using Gentoo on all of my systems for
10 >> nearly 15 years and haven't needed it otherwise.
13 > Learning how to set up a VPN connection, which is probably what they
14 > are asking you to do, is not a waste of time. KVM or some variation of
15 > it is the standard way to do this (though I very much detest it, as
16 > each server is essentially preinstalled with unmodifiable firmware
17 > that has control over your physical hardware).
20 Is there a way to make the KVM connection without becoming an expert in OpenVPN?
21
22 - Grant