From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Install Gentoo on remote server
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:42:58
1 >>>>> Is there a better way? If not, is there an easy way to set up that
2 >>>>> VPN connection? I've always read that OpenVPN is a bear and I've been
3 >>>>> lucky enough to avoid needing it all this time.
4 >>>>
5 >>>> Bear, in what sense? Slow, hard?
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>> Hard. It seems like a waste to become acquainted with OpenVPN for
9 >>> just this purpose. I've been using Gentoo on all of my systems for
10 >>> nearly 15 years and haven't needed it otherwise.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> Learning how to set up a VPN connection, which is probably what they
14 >> are asking you to do, is not a waste of time. KVM or some variation of
15 >> it is the standard way to do this (though I very much detest it, as
16 >> each server is essentially preinstalled with unmodifiable firmware
17 >> that has control over your physical hardware).
20 > Is there a way to make the KVM connection without becoming an expert in OpenVPN?
23 OK you guys win. Can anyone point me toward docs on the easiest way
24 to set up the connection?
25
26 - Grant