From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Install Gentoo on remote server
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 21:51:32
1 On 2017-07-21 11:42, Grant wrote:
2
3 > OK you guys win. Can anyone point me toward docs on the easiest way
4 > to set up the connection?
5
6 Start by installing app-crypt/easy-rsa. Follow [1] as literally as it
7 makes sense, changing just the names. In particular, it really lowers
8 the confusion if you follow the advice to keep files for each host in
9 its own copy of the easy-rsa tree (or you can go all the way and
10 actually install easy-rsa on each host, but I didn't).
11
12 When you have the keys on each host, install net-vpn/openvpn and start
13 following [2], again as closely as possible. Skip the parts of [2] that
14 explain how to generate the keys - you have already done that.
15
16 I'll let someone else fill in the VM detail.
17
18 [1]
19 https://github.com/OpenVPN/easy-rsa/blob/master/README.quickstart.md
20
21 [2]
22 https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html
25 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
26 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
27 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.