From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Encrypted cell 2 gentoo
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 16:14:13
1 Max R.D. Parmer <maxp <at> trystero.is> writes:
6 > Do I understand correctly that you're looking to set up a Gentoo server
7 > as a "hub" from which you can retrieve your mail using any of your
8 > client systems?
9
10 Not really. Yes that has to work but... What I want to read up on
11 and test is encrypted (secure) communications between the (2) major
12 cell phone types and whatever client on a gentoo workstation. The
13 goal is good security, that is reasonable to setup and manage
14 and allows folks to use any of those 3 devices to exchange encrypted mail.
15 Suppose I had a friend that has an ios phone. What page do I send him to
16 to encrypt his emails? What will work with thunderbird, sylpheed, etc.
17 Some discussion, url links that I can refer others to and then
18 recommendations.
19
20 > If I understood correctly, interoperability should be easy because
21 > mostly it comes down to IMAP/SMTP/POP3 and support for those protocols
22 > is pretty good across lots of applications. But maybe I got it wrong?
23
24 What I want to do is find documents that at least provide an overview
25 of which specific apps to put on a cell phone (android or ios) some
26 example configs and then a few docs on the gentoo side.
27
28 Free or do you buys those apps from a vendor on the cell phones?
29 Which ones are better, i.e. more trusted or have different algos
30 for encryptions (bit-lenght etc). May, I just need to find
31 a forum where this is routinely discuss to see what's new, what's
32 not secure, what may be prohibited by whom, etc etc.
35 OK?
36
37 James