From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 22:37:57
1 On 2/29/20 4:44 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 26/02/20 03:10, james wrote:
3 >> I'm just not convinced that our USA government continuing to "sell
4 >> bandwidth rights", is constitutional?
5 >
6 > Problem is, if bandwidth is "opened to all" the reality in the past
7 > would have been a free-for-all leading to a major tragedy of the
8 > commons.
9
10 Agreed. but now, there are plenty of technologies, software systems and
11 RF testing gear to ensure the bandwidth channels can be "shared"
12 robustly and there implement a vastly better efficiencies
13 (bits/s/bandwith); than the current models of exclusive license for a
14 one time pop of money to the government. Just like Oxygen, we all have
15 the rights to the RF spectrum, imho.
16 A one time sale, particularly when analyzed, decades later, is a gross
17 miscarriage of justice, imho.
18
19 I hope somebody finds this (with better searching fu)
20 handoff-visualizer, to track Rf signals via mobile cells
21 and a gentoo lappy.
22
23 It's a signal/comm-channel handoff graphic tool....
26 https://github.com/chonyy/handoff-visualizer
27
28 and
29
30 https://github.com/chonyy/handoff-simulator
34 If somebody cannot find it in a overlay, I'd be willing to take it over
35 and update, on an overlay....
36
37 It'd really help remote campers to find signals, when backpacking in the
38 mountains or even hills. Adding an altimeter data input and getting the
39 devs to go '3D' with this rendering, would also help folks home-building
40 UAVs
45 > Much like we're seeing in space and low-earth orbit now. If
46 > we're not *very* careful, soon we will not be able to launch low-earth
47 > and geo-synchronous satellites, because there'll be a massive debris
48 > belt that will destroy satellites within a few years.
49
50 Some experts are say that we're all ready on that coarse. Space vessels
51 to capture, collect and then send into deep space, our current cadre of
52 commercial/military space junk. I think they'll do this, but send the
53 space garbage directly to our sun, just burning up and adding to the
54 total mass of the sun. Here is the real twist. Global corporations, are
55 standing up claiming rights to space rights, on behalf of nations that
56 are very technology poor. The next few wars will most likely sort out
57 rights, i.e. First to deploy-use, will get the rights, regardless if its
58 a gov or corp, or group, like the HAM-operators, imho.
61 > The new high-frequency bandwidths I'm not too worried about - like
62 > low-earth orbit stuff there will decay into the atmosphere and
63 > self-cleanse over 30-40 years - high frequencies don't travel far - but
64 > where there is the likelihood of interference some sort of regulation is
65 > necessary.
66
67 YES YES, but who is the arbiter with final say? The guys with the best
68 missile technology, that's who, from a pragmatic point-of-view.
71 > Do you really want your home network to collapse in a heap every time
72 > your neighbour jacks up his power because your network is causing his
73 > home network to collapse in a heap?
76 With all due respect, as an EE_rf guy, it's already solved by who has
77 the best technology. That is scan and avoid the bands/protocols being
78 used. Less and less technically (Rf) astute folks want to work for any
79 government.....
80
81 Random 'bit-burst' over a multitude of frequencies is not hard to do and
82 solves this scenario, at least for the technology superior Rf types.
83 Consumers and idiots are at the mercy of the Rf mercenaries (whom are
84 always a decade or more ahead what is legally possible). ymmv.
87 > (That's why my home network is
88 > mostly cat-5 or ethernet-over-power :-)
89
90 Good for now. However, there are Rf sniffers that can pick up the
91 signals from those aforementioned signals, quite easily. It use to be
92 james_bond sort of stuff, but now it is cafeteria.
93
94 Fiber should replace both of those, pretty soon.
95 Routers where various types of connectors for both multi-mode and
96 single-mode fiber, are pretty cheap, if you know where to look. If you
97 build new, put pvc conduits in the roof and walls, so you have ample &
98 hidden pipes. That way it's pretty trivial to pull the fibers later, for
99 pennies.
100
101 https://patents.google.com/patent/US6233376B1/en
104 > Cheers,
105 > Wol
108 5G-multipath supersedes all of this, where the algorithms that implement
109 the multi-path, are 'walk-once' or pseudo-walk-once. Upgrading
110 multipath to Asycnronos-multipath, is still in the development phases,
111 or folks are not publishing details....No way the brightest fed/mil
112 hacks can stop this, as they will not even know where it is, who is
113 doing it and how to monitor it, in RealTime. Make it mobile, and how the
114 elite hackers go and do whatever they want, whenever they want,
115 clandestinely.
118 Several vehicles with links between and cellular bandwidth, can hop
119 around a city, clandestinely and there is nothing our most sophisticated
120 law enforcement can do, currently. There stuck buying commercial gear
121 that is decades old in capability. The average cop, or intellectual at
122 the FBI is able to wheel-deal with this stuff? Are you kidding me? Add
123 to that the fact that these 'kids' hate most governments, due to their
124 sell-out to mega-corps, the war is already afoot. Our last hope, imho,
125 is if the US government returns to the fundamental christian value
126 system, that made our country great. Greed, un-bridled, is changing the
127 quality of our lives, regardless of your personal belief systems.
130 Besides those few and fleeting technical folks are bailing on the US and
131 every major company they work for, cause there is an economic 'feeding
132 frenzy afoot'.
133
134 Lawyers, Legal-type and the Lazy-wealthy, are on a crash coarse to be
135 relegated to irrelevancy. A few more proxy-wars, and the public (now
136 being massively educated) are simply going to ignore, bypass and hide
137 from regulators.
138 To stay secure, that is the only, current, pathway forward. If you knew
139 just how corrupt, our evil, leaders and owners are, at the major
140 carriers, it would make your skin crawl....
143 Half of the tech-kids inside the US DoD are already running things and
144 getting ready to boot the old-corrupt general-politician types OUT, by
145 exposing their corruptness. Trumps takes credit, but the real story is
146 the young, elite hacks are going to be running the world, shortly. Just
147 look at the myriad of new financial, digital coins in their infancy
148 (bit-coin et-al).
151 Gentoo, as a technology, is just one enabler, of this silent revolution.
152 Gentoo is the only pathway forward I see, to protect my assets, beside
153 what is called 'hard assets'. Gentoo has a great, honest, trustworthy
154 history, and most software stakes cannot make that claim.
155
156 Secure your bits....... and pray that Gentoo attracts the brilliant
157 youth to join us, so people have hope, inspiration and return to being
158 kind and generous to each other.
161 hth,
162 James