From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel 3.2->3.5 upgrade unusable: keyboard borked
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:12:12
1 On 2012-12-02, covici@××××××××××.com <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >>> Is this a laptop? with no num pad? On my laptop the numpad is mapped to the
5 >>> keys like you described, so when Num Lock is toggled those keys function as
6 >>> the num pad.
7 >>
8 >> You can check if rc-update -s -v | grep numlock (or rc-status -s | grep
9 >> numlock) shows it being set, otherwise add it to see if this makes a
10 >> difference.
11 >
12 > I think numlock is on by default in newer kernels
13
14 That pretty much sucks. Is that configurable sowewhere?
15
16 > -- just turn it off with the key
17
18 The Numlock key doesn't work with the 3.5 kernel.
19
20 > -- I am pretty sure even your laptop has such a simulated key.
21
22 My keyboard does have a numlock key, but it doesn't turn numlock on/off
23 with the 3.5 kernel.
26 Grant