From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel 3.2->3.5 upgrade unusable: keyboard borked
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:48:48
1 On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2012-12-02, covici@××××××××××.com <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 <SNIP>
5 >> I think numlock is on by default in newer kernels
6 >
7 > That pretty much sucks. Is that configurable sowewhere?
10 This is not my experience. I'm using 3.5.* everywhere and haven't had
11 this problem on any machine to date. numlock is off by default on all
12 machines as best I can tell.
13
14 /etc/init.d/numlock on/off will change the state of the lights on my
15 keyboard. Have you tried that? I didn't know that OpenRC had added
16 numlock control but it's there and documented in a Gentoo Wiki.
17
18 HTH,
19 Mark