From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and optimus
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:59:30
1 On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > The Optimus support on Linux is similar to how it's done on ms windows. (I
4 > dual boot for a flight sim)
5 >
6 > Performance wise, it depends on the GPU.
7 > The lowspec one I have is an Intel embedded one. The higher spec is an
8 > NVidia GT750.
9 >
10 > Using glxgears:
11 > Without (Intel): 60fps
12 > With (NVidia): 90-95 fps
13 >
14 > --
15 > Joost
16 > --
17 > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
20 Thanks for the info.
21 However I think that I will wait till better support is provided for linux.
22 And I am sure if I am ever going to buy a new laptop, I will make sure that
23 it has only one GPU! ( Intel would be nice!)