From: Pawel Kraszewski <Gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recompiing kernel quesiton
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:41:46
1 Dnia niedziela, 24 wrze¶nia 2006 11:51, Stephen Liu napisa³:
2
3 > I'm suffering poweroff problem, on exiting "System halted" but not
4 > poweroff.
5
6 First of all - you may try the installation CD of Gentoo - boot it and
7 give 'halt -p' at command prompt. If it switches off, that means error in
8 your config. If it doesn't, this might be the hardware fault.
9
10 Put some light and describe your hardware. Especially - which motherboard
11 model, drop your 'lspci' output. Contents of '/var/log/dmesg' might also be
12 helpful. The latter might be too big for this mailing list, so don't hesitate
13 to drop it gzipped directly to my address.
14
15 By the way - did you inspect your BIOS settings for ACPI/power management
16 misconfiguration?
17
18 If you want, I may drop you my kernel configuration (AMD64, Nforce3 based
19 mainboard) - due to my work it covers all usable filesystems and most IPv4
20 toys. It does switch off without problem - you may use it as a starting point
21 for experiments.
24 Pawel Kraszewski
25 www.kraszewscy.net
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list