From: Tom Hendrikx <tom@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout2/openrc question
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:36:05
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 02 February 2010 12:47:46 David Relson wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've been running unstable versions of portage for many months and
5 >> currently have 2.1.7.17, which _is_ the newest non-masked version.
6 >
7 > Nevertheless, it isn't the latest version. To get that you need an entry in
8 > package.unmask; then portage will be able to sort out far more complex
9 > problems than the unmasked version can. Don't worry - many people here have
10 > been doing this for many months, with no problems attributable to portage.
13 I'm not sure if upgrading portage to a masked version is a sane solution
14 for the OP's issue (i.e. resolving a single dependency issue).
15 Reading the error output from portage (and sometimes the ebuild) to
16 solve the blocker (as people do who run a stable portage) would suffice,
17 imho.
18
19 As for the issue with openrc:
20
21 =sys-apps/openrc-0.6.0-r1 depends on =sys-apps/sysvinit-2.87-r3, and
22 both are in ~arch. Unmask both, emerge them, run etc-update and be fine.
25 Regards,
26 Tom