From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 10:31:19
1 On Fri, May 29, 2020, 05:02 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > A few weeks ago, I ran up on a deal on a Blu-ray burner. It's a LG and
6 > smartctrl -i shows this:
9 > === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
10 > Vendor: HL-DT-ST
11 > Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
12 > Revision: 1.04
13 > Compliance: SPC-3
14 > >> Terminate command early due to bad response to IEC mode page
15 > A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more
16 > '-T permissive' options.
20 > Anyway, I have some HD videos I want to burn to a Blu-ray disc in HD.
21 > I've used Devede and Devedeng to create DVDs for a while. I prefer the
22 > old Devede but the new ng version works well. It doesn't however seem
23 > to create Blu-ray discs. I googled and found how to play some of them
24 > at least that are commercially made. I can't find however what software
25 > is used to create my own.
26 >
27 > Does anyone know what software to use to create HD video Blu-ray discs?
30 You're referring to Blu-ray authoring like creating menus and making a
31 video disc that works in a set-top player. There isn't any software for
32 Linux I know of that does this, especially the menu part. The menu part can
33 be in a simple format or it can be more advanced with BD-J.
34
35 Studios use Scenarist BD
36 https://www.scenarist.com/scenarist-bd-professional-blu-ray-disc-authoring/
37
38 There's MultiAVCHD for free. Maybe it works with Wine?