From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: reiserfsprogs
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:32:19
1 On Montag, 30. Juli 2007, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:22:07 +0000 (UTC), james wrote:
3 > > For now the system is booting to a console prompt. I'm looking
4 > > for a guide that tells you how to test xorg.conf configs
5 > > and recover without having to reboot (powercycle) the system.
6 > >
7 > > I've never seen starting up X/kde cause a system to hang before...
8 >
9 > Is the whole system handing, or just X? Do you have a networked computer
10 > you can SSH in from, that would enable you to kill X. If all else fails,
11 > and provided you have enabled CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ in your kernel, hold
12 > down Alt and SysReq/PrtScr and press S, U and B in turn to reboot
13 > (reasonably) cleanly. Pausing a couple of seconds between each key is
14 > probably a good idea.
15
16 E, I, S, U, B
17
18 so everything is killed, and nothing trying to write to disk, when unmounting
19 them.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list