From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Create mutli-file .zip archives from the command line?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:34:34
1 On 13 Jan 2008, at 15:13, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:21:30 +0000 Stroller
3 > <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >> What I thought to do was to break the .iso into a multi-part .zip
5 >> archive, transfer the separate files over to the Windows PC and then
6 >> unzip them back into the original big file using Explorer's built-in
7 >
8 > The problem is that fat32 can't handle files that are larger than
9 > 4gb-1byte. So, will still be unable to unzip or unrar that iso image.
10
11 I believe you're mistaken in the direct cause of my problem. I'm
12 using NTFS on the Windows XP machine.
13
14 The file is the same size in bytes (8056211212) on the destination XP
15 machine as it is on the Samba host, but the md5sums (using Sumemr
16 Properties under XP) don't match.
17
18 The reason I mentioned 4gb is kinda off-topic here, but I've had
19 problems in the past running BitTorrent on Linux box, saving files to
20 a directory which was samba mounted from another Linux box. I assumed
21 that there was some kind of 4gb limitation of SMB - and a friend
22 remarked the same problems (using a Mac) - but googling does not seem
23 to support this.
24
25 Thanks to the other posters for their excellent suggestions - I'll
26 try them later today & report back.
27
28 Stroller.
29 --