From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio through second HDMI output on GPU?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 16:34:39
1 On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 18:22, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > If you ever figure it out, please post what did it. I watch TV from my
3 > puter too. Right now, I tell Smplayer to send audio to the TV by giving
4 > it the device name like you did. Thing is, none of the entries in the
5 > drop down menu in settings works. Odd but it is what it is.
6
7 Might be worth checking if the smplayer front-end is messing something
8 up, by going straight through mpv. My last steps for playing video
9 through the TV, with the audio going there as well:
10
11 Get a list of all the audio devices on your system.
12 $ mpv --audio-device=help
13
14 Use the correct device in your video command.
15 DISPLAY=:0.1 mpv --audio-device=alsa/hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0 -fs video.mkv
16
17 Also check what Mark mentioned about muted channels on the output card
18 through alsamixer.
19
20 Regards,
21 Arve