From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] drivers for INTEL integrated GPU?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:19:36
1 On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:02 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On March 28, 2017 10:39:22 AM GMT+02:00, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >>>
7 > My laptop uses the integrated GPU 95÷ of the time. For the occasional game I want to play, I can enable the NVidia chip.
8 >
9 > Support for Intel graphics is in the vanilla kernel, courtesy of Intel developers. With 6th generation i7, I can do most things. Only need the Nvidia chip for 3D games that need the higher performance.
10 >
11 > With just the Intel GPU, I can enable all the eye-candy that KDE has to offer and still have a responsive desktop. I don't use it all as it can make the interface unusable due to the actual effects.
12 >
13 OK, I need no 3D, and I don't game (not even occasionally :)) And I'm
14 just an openbox user!
15
16 Maybe someone with a 7th generation can share experience?
17
18 The gentoo WiKI has a page about this stuff. Reading now...
21 Thanks
22
23 Jorge