From: Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Update Gentoo recently is becoming difficult
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 02:03:04
1 Hello,
2
3 I’ve been realizing to update Gentoo is becoming worse every time. My 2018
4 install, that I’ve recently update because python, was still those days
5 running like a square wheel.
6
7 I was trying to update my KDE profile 17, but was a pain, I’ve suffered a
8 lot, many blocks, flag problems, circular dependency and in the end perl
9 messed me and the system entirely broke.
10
11 Now I’m installing a new fresh system, and even in the beginning to emerge
12 the world update, like manual says, circular dependency problem with
13 Bluetooth and Systemd.
14
15 I’m long openRC user, I’ve started again using Systemd stage3, and now
16 suffering with python 3.6/3.8 dependency mess.
17
18 I don’t know if I’m out of luck or Gentoo is becoming a pain to maintain
19 and update.
20
21 I know, there are some periods is better to avoid update and appear this
22 time is now! Lol
23
24 Thanks.
28 M.S. Raphael Mejias Dias