From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /boot filesystem, SSDs, TRIM
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:42:47
2 > How often are you writing to /boot anyways? Journalling is of little
3 > benefit in that case, and imposes more wear+tear on SSD drives. Or is
4 > it possible to turn off journaling for one partition under ext4?
7 I review the Changlog on every point release and update the kernel if
8 there's anything I find interesting. From the file dates this seems to be
9 about 3 times a month.
10
11 My intuition is that the long term damage due to the journal would be far
12 less than the damage due to the loss of effective wear levelling that would
13 result from not being able to TRIM. Just intuition tho. Let me know if i'm
14 misunderstanding something.