From: James Hiscock <boxroot@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switching to LCD monitor
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:38:11
1 > >My question to anyone who can advise is this:
2 > >do I just unplug the CRT & plug in the LCD ? will it work so simply ?
3
4 In most cases, yes, but you'll need to restart X if you do the swap
5 while it's running.
6
7 > The horysontal sync and vertival refresh rates aren't likely
8 > to be the same, so you'll have to adapt your current xorg.conf
9 > I've read a few times that wrong values can harm your screen
10 > (but never seen it happen) so be careful.
11 >
12 > Or you can use 'xorgconfig' and answer the questions step by step.
13 > I did this on a 17'' dell TFT at work and it worked first try.
14
15 ...or you could just remove the horizontal sync & vertical refresh
16 lines from your xorg.conf, and let xorg figure it out for you...
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list