From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken seamonkey :(
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 20:11:21
1 On Thursday, September 03, 2015 9:53:39 PM lee wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > since quite a while, seamonkey and its relatives are completely broken
5 > when it comes to use self-signed certificates. They just refuse the
6 > connection to the server, blocking you from accessing your email.
7 >
8 > Is there still no solution for this problem? I'm totally fed up with it
9 > by now. At work, I have frozen seamonkey at version 2.31 and
10 > thunderbird at some outdated version that still works with the
11 > certificates. Googling for a solution doesn't reveal one, either.
12 >
13 > Now I need seamonkey to access the email, and I can't very well turn it
14 > back to an outdated version just for that.
15 >
16 > BTW, if this won't be fixed, what are the replacements?
17
18 This[1] is for firefox but should work similarly. Scroll all the way down to
19 "bypassing the warning". There's also an about:config option, I *think* it's
20 this one[2].
21
22 [1] https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/connection-untrusted-error-message
23 [2] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ssl_override_behavior