From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Notebook/laptop recommendations?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:46:35
1 On Sunday 22 July 2007 20:10, Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
2 > On Sunday 22 July 2007 22:53, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
3 > > I've had very good luck with my dellbuntu system.
4 >
5 > Which model is this? Presumably it is a "standard" model but with Ubuntu
6 > pre-installed instead some wannabe OS. According to this:
7 >
8 > http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/05/01/13147.aspx
9 >
10 > machines with Linux are only available in the US at the moment. Searching
11 > my local Dell site for "linux" only gives me the above link.
12 >
13 > > System 76 also goes out of the way to make sure their hardware is linux
14 > > friendly.
15 >
16 > Sorry I should've mentioned, as I'm not based in the US, only
17 > internationally available manufacturers/models would be useful :)
18
19 If your local Dell distributor can't/won't get it for you, can't you import it
20 from the US? Of course, it may take a tad longer to arrive and you will have
21 to pay some import tax.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick