From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 15:48:36
1 On 19/07/2020 15:18, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > So I'm asking what systems other people use. I can't be unusual in what I
3 > want, so there must be lots of solutions out there somewhere. Would anyone
4 > like to offer me some advice?
5
6 Doing my best to remember my setup ...
7
8 Running postfix as my mail server. I never managed to get it working to
9 SEND email, so clients had to be configured to send straight to my ISP.
10 Don't send to google - it rewrites the headers ...
11
12 Used fetchmail to download, until an upgrade/fix/something broke MySQL
13 so all my virtual email addresses broke.
14
15 Use Courier-IMAP to provide access from clients to the mail store.
16
17 I *think* that's all, but I dunno how long my system has been running
18 (it hasn't even been updated for a couple of years :-( and apart from
19 that MySQL problem it's been running untouched pretty much from day 1.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Wol