From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID-0 with LVM - is there any point?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 03:41:15
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > LVM stripes data
3 > across the drives anyway, am I gaining anything from the RAID-0? Would I
4 > be just as well off by adding the two partitions directly to the LVM
5 > group?
11 Hi, Neil
12
13 I have to admit I've never made such tests and I'm guessing here but I
14 would say that you may be even slowing down the system this way. One
15 subsystem passing the data to another subsystem..well it seems logical
16 that you would gain performance if you could exclude one of those.
17
18 Actually I'd be glad to read some results from a "Fake RAID-0 vs LVM"
19 tests. My bet would be that RAID-0 w/o LVM would give the best speeds
22 Best regards,
23 Daniel
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list