From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] UEFI is teh SNAFU!
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:56:27
1 I had to reboot my system again due to video driver update.
2
3 I had set up a new build of my kernel in a UEFI partition. The
4 BIOS/firmware seemed to be happy with the location.
5
6 The machine stops stone cold dead the instant the firmware tries to
7 transfer control to the new kernel.
8
9 I found a switch in the debugging menu which enables the EFI console
10 output. Why does this option exist? I mean why is it possible to compile
11 a kernel that doesn't use every possible method to communicate with the
12 user?
13
14 Well, anyway, even with this selected, it still stops stone cold dead
15 without producing any output at all. I could turn on some more debugging
16 options, but they seem more hardcore than what I'm trying to do...
17 (simply boot!!!!!)
20 Strange Game.
21 The only winning move is not to play.
22
23 Powers are not rights.