From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto share Linux swap partition with Windows XP
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:44:55
1 On 23 Jan 2009, at 05:16, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > ... I found a very slick solution that lets Windows XP use
3 > a Linux swap partition for swap/paging/vm/whatever-MS-calls-it:
4 >
5 > http://db.bme.hu/~surprof/SwapFs-i/
6
7 That looks a really cool & useful idea.
8
9 However, I have a reservation. Since you NEED to use it - perhaps for
10 space considerations? - the go for it, by all means. But if this
11 driver is slower at reads or writes than Windows' own NTFS driver then
12 it may actually slow the computer down.
13
14 In the case of a driver written by an individual, who is likely not as
15 familiar with Windows' APIs, or who may not be able to use the private
16 APIs used by Windows' own filesystem drivers, I find it quite possible
17 the performance may be questioned.
18
19 Stroller.