From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] filesystems
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:17:00
1 On 25 Nov 2008, at 21:35, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Personally, I'm very interested in seeing where Intel go with their
4 > new SSDs.
5 > The reason is that I'm getting sick and tired of having to explain and
6 > justify why the laws of physics prevent my girlfriend from being
7 > able to
8 > backup her 5T banking warehouse on the schedule the law of the
9 > country would
10 > like her to. There's a solution, but it's hackish and ugly and
11 > involves
12 > extremely careful management of LVM snapshots. This is simply way
13 > too much
14 > admin effort for what should really be a simple incremental backup
15 > process.
16
17 Sounds like you want ZFS.
18 On Solaris.
19 On a little dedicated box which exports space via NFS.
20
21 Stroller.