From: Tim Garton <garton.tim@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qmail and Spamassassin won't integrate
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:10:51
1 I run spamassassin with exim, so can't offer all that much help, but
2 as for attempt 1 you may try running:
3 spamc -R < {some file containing full source of a sample email}
4
5 to make sure spamassassin is running correctly. It should spit back a
6 score and a possibly a list of tests failed, depending on how
7 spamassassin is configured. if you don't get this, or get a score
8 like "0/0", something is wrong with your spamassassin setup.
9
10 Also, you don't want the "-P" option anymore, it is deprecated and is
11 the default behaviour of spamassassin now. And you definitely don't
12 want it with spamc, since it is an invalid option. And yes, you do
13 want to use "spamc" over "spamassassin" for performance reasons.