From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qmail and Spamassassin won't integrate
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:15:09
1 quoth the Tim Garton:
2
3 Hi Tim,
4
5 > I run spamassassin with exim, so can't offer all that much help, but
6 > as for attempt 1 you may try running:
7 > spamc -R < {some file containing full source of a sample email}
8 >
9 > to make sure spamassassin is running correctly. It should spit back a
10 > score and a possibly a list of tests failed, depending on how
11 > spamassassin is configured. if you don't get this, or get a score
12 > like "0/0", something is wrong with your spamassassin setup.
13
14 Thanks for this. 'spamc -R < testmail' was failing (hanging forever)
15 while 'spamassassin < testmail' was working fine. This led me to run the
16 spamc command within strace, which showed the command blocked during
17 a 'connect' call to 127.0.0.7. Would you believe it was a firewall issue? I
18 forgot to allow conections to localhost in my iptables script.
19
20 > Also, you don't want the "-P" option anymore, it is deprecated and is
21 > the default behaviour of spamassassin now. And you definitely don't
22 > want it with spamc, since it is an invalid option. And yes, you do
23 > want to use "spamc" over "spamassassin" for performance reasons.
24
25 Thanks for the explanation.
26
27 After confirming spamc now works I played around some more. It seems my
28 ~/.qmail file was overriding the system-wide spam check in 'defaultdelivery'.
29
30 I changed ~/.qmail from:
31
32 |/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
33
34 to:
35
36 |spamc |/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
37
38 ...and everything seems to be cherry now. All incoming mail now has X-Spam
39 headers added.
40
41 -d
42 --
43 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
44 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
45 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
46 --
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list