From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:55:49
1 On 16-Apr-14 17:46, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 16 April 2014, at 4:34 pm, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> …
5 >> 1. What is better to use as OS-storage: USB-stick or SD-card?
6 >> I have read horror stories about SD-cards being fried/bricked
7 >> quite frequently so I'm a little scared. But I never found
8 >> single post about problems with USB-stick...
9 >
10 > In terms of frying/bricking USB sticks are just the same kind of flash memory as in SD-cards, surely?
11 >
12 > Both are $8 for 16GB of storage, so wear / failure is only a concern if the server is to be inaccessible.
13
14 But not every flash-memory is the same. Are you sure SD and
15 USB are about the same? I thought USB-sticks were a little
16 higher (comparable with CF, which is surely more reliable
17 than SD)...
18
19 Jarry
20 --
22 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
23 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.