From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:47:24
1 On Wed, 16 April 2014, at 4:34 pm, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > …
3 > 1. What is better to use as OS-storage: USB-stick or SD-card?
4 > I have read horror stories about SD-cards being fried/bricked
5 > quite frequently so I'm a little scared. But I never found
6 > single post about problems with USB-stick...
7
8 In terms of frying/bricking USB sticks are just the same kind of flash memory as in SD-cards, surely?
9
10 Both are $8 for 16GB of storage, so wear / failure is only a concern if the server is to be inaccessible.
11
12 Stroller.