From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual-linuxdistro-boot kernel question
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:40:17
1 On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:12:01 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > If, like me, you installed one distro with /boot as just a folder on the
4 > / partition, then installed the second using a separate partition as
5 > /boot, then you likely have to do what I did and copy one kernel (and
6 > associated files) to the /boot of the distro whose bootloader you're
7 > using,
8
9 You don't have to copy anything, because the kernel doesn't have to be in
10 the same directory as the bootloader config. It's perfectly acceptable,
11 and a lot easier to manage, if all your secondary distros have their own
12 /boot directory, probably not a separate partition.
13
14 > but of course, if you have to do that, you can easily rename the
15 > copied kernel to something unique, if for some reason it isn't already
16 > uniquely named.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Committee (noun): A group of people spending hours taking minutes