From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] heads-up: 2011-05-01 baselayout news
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 17:13:16
1 On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday 02 May 2011 10:11:06 Thanasis wrote:
3 >> Let me add that my system defaults to the _stable_ software branch.
4 >
5 > Thanks for the heads up.  :)
6 >
7 > It seems then that Baselayout2/OpenRC is being rolled out to stable.  I'll be
8 > unmasking and updating a couple of boxen today, taking advantage of some spare
9 > time and finishing the rest off next weekend.
10 >
11 > Hope all goes well.
12 > --
13 > Regards,
14 > Mick
17 How will you / did you decide what versions to unmask? The news
18 message seems quite vague and I see lots of versions of things. Two
19 2.X versions of baselayout and four versions of OpenRC.
20
21 I'd potentially start updating a stable machine today but I'd prefer
22 to only unmask what is actually going to become the stable version and
23 nothing higher.
24
25 - Mark