From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 10:09:35
1 Hi Raymond,
2
3 Am Sat, 23 Dec 2017 22:59:32 -0800 schrieb Raymond Jennings:
4
5 > That sounds like a possible issue with your X configuration.
6 >
7 > Did you double check /etc/conf.d/xdm and the like to make sure that your
8 > VT is indeed set to 7.
9
10 Content of /etc/conf.d/xdm
11 ======= %< ==============
12 CHECKVT=7
13 DISPLAYMANAGER="sddm"
14 rc_use="mysql"
15 ======= %< ==============
16
17 > Also double check your display manager configuration.
18 >
19 > If your manual VT switch works fine I'd suspect a misbehaving display
20 > manager possibly being confused by bad configuration
21
22 Then, why does it work seamlessly when I boot with the old 4.12.12 kernel?
23
24 Since I have this behavior with two desktop machines, I thought others might haven been affected as well ...
25
26 Cheers,
27 Jörg