From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java nightmare
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:07:54
1 >> > What to do? Can I safely ignore the revdep-rebuild messages?
2 >> I think you can safely ignore that (unless you're running java
3 >> applications that use sound/alsa). the java packages are binary, that
4 >> means that you don't compile it according to your use flags, you install
5 >> the "whole package", so some libraries (like libalsasound.so) will
6 >> complain if you don't have alsa support. I'm having this problem with
7 >> opera and libXm but I just ignore it.
8 >>
9 > Thanks.
10
11 You might consider the alternate route of removing the offending
12 libjsoundalsa.so file.
13
14 Of course, rather than simply /bin/rm'ing the thing away you might want to
15 just relocate it temporarily. Then do a revdep-rebuild -p to see if
16 blackdown starts complaining about the missing file...
17
18 Another alternative is to install alsa. Granted you won't be using it
19 because you don't have the hardware, but it might be enough to have a clean
20 revdep-rebuild. Based on equery results, it looks like all you'd need to
21 emerge is alsa-lib and alsa-headers, so you wouldn't be talking about a
22 great deal of extra space...
23
24 Just a thought.
25