From: Robert Buzna <robert.buzna@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java nightmare
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:01:17
1 Use Sun's Java Kit (preferably jdk 1.4). Some application servers had
2 problems to start with blackdown jdk. If you want use java-alsa, you
3 must have installed alsa.
4
5 On 10/12/05, Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> > What to do? Can I safely ignore the revdep-rebuild messages?
7 > >> I think you can safely ignore that (unless you're running java
8 > >> applications that use sound/alsa). the java packages are binary, that
9 > >> means that you don't compile it according to your use flags, you install
10 > >> the "whole package", so some libraries (like libalsasound.so) will
11 > >> complain if you don't have alsa support. I'm having this problem with
12 > >> opera and libXm but I just ignore it.
13 > >>
14 > > Thanks.
15 >
16 > You might consider the alternate route of removing the offending
17 > libjsoundalsa.so file.
18 >
19 > Of course, rather than simply /bin/rm'ing the thing away you might want to
20 > just relocate it temporarily. Then do a revdep-rebuild -p to see if
21 > blackdown starts complaining about the missing file...
22 >
23 > Another alternative is to install alsa. Granted you won't be using it
24 > because you don't have the hardware, but it might be enough to have a clean
25 > revdep-rebuild. Based on equery results, it looks like all you'd need to
26 > emerge is alsa-lib and alsa-headers, so you wouldn't be talking about a
27 > great deal of extra space...
28 >
29 > Just a thought.
30 >