From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java nightmare
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:31:57
1 On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Robert Buzna wrote:
2
3 > Use Sun's Java Kit (preferably jdk 1.4). Some application servers had
4 > problems to start with blackdown jdk. If you want use java-alsa, you
5 > must have installed alsa.
6 >
7 No can do.
8
9 I'm installing gentoo from a Knoppix disk. I'm in the chroot environment
10 now. I tried to download the thing using Firefox. It died quietly,
11 probably because user knoppix has no permissions to write to the disk. I
12 tried to download from another computer, through ssh. I went to the
13 site with lynx. Couldn't find my way through the labyrinth that is Sun's
14 site.
15
16 _No Sun._
17