From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java nightmare
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:47:42
1 On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
2
3 > > What to do? Can I safely ignore the revdep-rebuild messages?
4 > I think you can safely ignore that (unless you're running java
5 > applications that use sound/alsa). the java packages are binary, that
6 > means that you don't compile it according to your use flags, you install
7 > the "whole package", so some libraries (like libalsasound.so) will
8 > complain if you don't have alsa support. I'm having this problem with
9 > opera and libXm but I just ignore it.
10 >
11 Thanks.
12 > btw, is there anyway to tell revdep-rebuild to ignore a package? it's
13 > really not comfortable to run revdep-rebuild -p and then manually
14 > re-install the packages that complain (because I don't want it to
15 > re-install opera every time).
16 >
17 I usually emerge those packages directly with emerge---simple enough
18 unless they're too many.
19 --
20 Jorge Almeida
21 --