From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] A little help for non-native English speakers
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 18:55:40
1 On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:12:07 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > Well, as long as we're explaining grammar, I'll elaborate a tiny bit
4 > more since a lot of people (including native English speakers) get
5 > these wrong.
6 [snip]
7 > I figured that would make
8 > the example more confusion which would defeat the purpose.
9 ~~~~~~~~~
10
11 MUPHRY'S LAW: The principle that any criticism of the writing of others
12 will itself contain at least one grammatical error.
13
14 And don't get me started on people using "which" when they should be using
15 "that".
16
17 (In this case, which is correct but it should have a preceding comma).
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.