From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: (II) NV(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 317
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 06:14:00
1 Erik wrote:
2 > 2010-07-16 01:51, walt skrev:
3 >
4 >> On 07/15/2010 02:15 AM, Erik wrote:
7 >>> ...This is the
8 >>> new Dell vostro|1720 from November, that replaced the old INSPIRON|8600
9 >>> aquired 5 years earlier...
10 >>>
11 >> I feel as if I'm reading a post that I selected at random from the
12 >> middle of a long thread with lots of previous questions and answers
13 >> that I can't see.
14 >>
15 >> I've never heard of either of those products. Maybe someone else
16 >> knows what
17 >> they are?
20 > Do not worry about not knowing about the products that I mentioned in
21 > the parenthesis in the last paragraph (they are just some laptops with
22 > differend graphic cards built in). You may know enough to help if you
23 > are familiar with Xorg, in particular the driver called NV (as the first
24 > 2 lines of my post shows). Do you for example know from where the driver
25 > gets the bogus physical display size 508 x 317 from, and why it insists
26 > on using it instead of the configured size?
29 Are you using hal? If so, you may need to get or change the config
30 files so that it will run at the settings you want instead of what it
31 "detects".
32
33 By the way, I have no idea how to edit them. It's in xml. You may can
34 google and borrow their config file tho.
35
36 If you are not using hal, it should be set in xorg.conf. I don't use
37 hal and that is where mine is set.
38
39 Hope that gives you a couple ideas.
40