From: Erik <esigra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: (II) NV(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 317
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 06:02:34
1 2010-07-16 01:51, walt skrev:
2 > On 07/15/2010 02:15 AM, Erik wrote:
3 >
4 >> ...This is the
5 >> new Dell vostro|1720 from November, that replaced the old INSPIRON|8600
6 >> aquired 5 years earlier...
7 >
8 > I feel as if I'm reading a post that I selected at random from the
9 > middle of a long thread with lots of previous questions and answers
10 > that I can't see.
11 >
12 > I've never heard of either of those products. Maybe someone else
13 > knows what
14 > they are?
17 Do not worry about not knowing about the products that I mentioned in
18 the parenthesis in the last paragraph (they are just some laptops with
19 differend graphic cards built in). You may know enough to help if you
20 are familiar with Xorg, in particular the driver called NV (as the first
21 2 lines of my post shows). Do you for example know from where the driver
22 gets the bogus physical display size 508 x 317 from, and why it insists
23 on using it instead of the configured size?